My visit to the Metropolitan Art Museum

I think there are very few times in life when we are constantly in awe of everything in our environment and it's an ever-changing landscape of emotion and constant interest. I went to New York City in 2021 right after I graduated high school. I went with a couple of my friends to see a concert and explore the city. I had really never been away from home for that long in a place so busy truly the city never slept.  Our concert was delayed due to weather so we got to stay a few more days which didn't bother me at all despite me not having any money to prolong my visit anymore.  


In that time we went to the MET twice and it was some of the best memories I have of being in New York. I saw some of the most interesting diverse and creative works of art that I have ever seen in my life. The Metropolitan Art Museum is one of those museums that stands out as one of the greats and one of the greatest art museums there is. So I'd like to share with you some of my favorite pieces of art I saw along the way of my journey partnered with some pictures I took and a few stories along the way. 


The first of which means the hairy cheese as I like to call it the hairy cheese sculpture is hilarious. It's something that always remember it's such a strange idea a block of cheese that has hair on it it's otherworldly and creepy and uncomfortable and I think it's such a funny and outlandish idea.


The next one is this monochromatic room with recycled materials consisting of a lot of wood but other paneling in interesting design shapes.  it was really cool although the picture doesn't show it the room was massive and it was inside of another massive room you couldn't go inside. It was almost like looking at a play set there were walls and a ceiling and a floor and you could look into it and it was this weird otherworldly black and grey world. 


Finally, I'd like to share this piece that is probably the most extraordinary use of multimedia I've ever seen it's a painting it's a drawing it's a newspaper it's magazines it's everything you can possibly think of. Besides the amazing use of multimedia the piece itself is massive I remember just looking up and down in awe of the sheer size and dedication this person had. The detail of every single person's face and the fact that the floor in the picture was made out of real pieces of quilt and mixed in were little photographs combined with each other to make a pattern. 



As a side note, I'd like to apologize for not having the information about the artist or the art I could not find them with the image search :(  and unfortunately, some of these pieces have left the museum.


I really hope this blog was somewhat interesting and you enjoyed the pictures maybe you can comment about what piece of art was your favorite thanks so much for reading.


-Brandon G


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keith Haring makes me like contemporary art.

Artists that have inspired me - Olly Moss